If you’ve completed your research and found Docklands to be the best place to stay for your upcoming Melbourne holiday, you’ve made a wise decision. There are plenty of reasons to book accommodation in Docklands. However, choosing the destination is only half the task. You must now decide where to book your Docklands accommodation to complete your holiday planning.
When choosing accommodation in Docklands, there are many considerations to make. So to help you choose the best Docklands accommodation for your upcoming visit, we’ve created a guide. This ultimate guide will provide you with all the information you need to select the best accommodation for your needs.
So what are you waiting for? Start reading and find the perfect place to stay in Docklands today!
Table of Contents:
When it comes to choosing Docklands accommodation, one of the first decisions you need to make is the type of accommodation you want to stay in. And there’s no shortage of accommodation options in Docklands, Melbourne. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious hotel, a self-contained apartment, or a budget-friendly option, you’ll be able to find it here.
Below is a rundown of the accommodation types you’ll find in Docklands:
- Docklands hotels provide all the amenities and services you could ever want or need but are generally the most expensive form of accommodation in Docklands and offer the least privacy.
- Docklands self-contained apartments offer the perfect blend of independence and convenience. They are generally cheaper than hotels yet provide the same level of luxury and amenities and a lot more privacy.
- Docklands service apartments are ideal for those who need a little extra help with daily tasks, such as laundry and cleaning. These apartments are also perfect for families with young children as they provide all the necessary services and facilities to make your stay comfortable.
- Docklands boutique hotels offer a more intimate and personalised experience than large chain hotels. They are often located in the heart of Docklands and provide a range of unique amenities and services.
No matter your needs, there’s an accommodation option in Docklands that’s perfect for you.
If you choose to stay in a self-contained apartment, you can start your search here at Melbourne Private Apartments. We offer a range of accommodation in Docklands’ most prestigious apartment complexes, located at 883-889 Collins Street and 915 Collins Street.
Once you’ve decided on the type of accommodation you want to stay in, it’s time to start thinking about room types. And with so many accommodation options available in Docklands, there’s sure to be a room type that’s perfect for you.
Here are some of the most popular room types in Docklands:
- Hotel Suite: A hotel suite is one of the most popular room types for accommodation in Docklands. Hotel suites are generally small. However, they offer a variety of amenities and services, such as daily housekeeping, 24-hour room service, and on-site restaurants and bars.
- Studio Apartments: Studio apartments are a popular Docklands accommodation choice for couples and solo travellers. They offer a comfortable bed, a private bathroom, and a kitchenette or kitchen, all in one large room. They are most commonly found in some self-contained and serviced apartments but can be found in some hotels.
- One Bedroom Apartments: One bedroom apartments are perfect for couples or solo travellers who want their own space. These apartments are typically found in self-contained and serviced apartments and offer a separate bedroom and living space. They come with all the typical amenities and offer plenty of privacy.
- Two Bedroom Apartments: Two bedroom apartments are ideal for families or groups of friends travelling together. These apartments have two bedrooms, a living area, and all the necessary amenities and services. They are most commonly found in self-contained and serviced apartments. Our two bedroom apartments in Docklands are great examples of what you can expect.They include:
- Three Bedroom Apartments: Three bedroom apartments are perfect for larger families or groups of friends travelling together. As the name suggests, they feature three bedrooms and have a separate living area and all the necessary amenities and services. You’ll find this room type in most self-contained and serviced apartments. Our three bedroom apartments in Docklands are great examples of what you can expect in the area. They include:
The Docklands precinct caters for various traveller types, so no matter who you are or what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find accommodation in Docklands that’s perfect for you.
Here are some of the most popular traveller types in Docklands:
- Business Travellers: Business travellers will find plenty of accommodation options in Docklands to choose from. There are a variety of hotels, serviced apartments, and self-contained apartments that cater to the needs of business travellers. Some Docklands accommodation providers also offer corporate accommodation specifically for business travellers.
- Families: Visiting families will find plenty of family-friendly accommodation in Docklands. Several serviced and self-contained apartments, including our Docklands apartments at 883-889 Collins Street and 915 Collins Street offer two and three bedroom apartments with plenty of space for families.
- Groups and Friends: If you’re travelling in a group or with friends, you’ll find plenty of accommodation options in Docklands. Hotels, serviced apartments, and self-contained apartments in the area all cater to the needs of groups and friends. Look for two or three bedroom apartment accommodation in Docklands to ensure you have enough space.
- Solo Travellers: Solo travellers will find plenty of accommodation options in Docklands to choose from. Hotels, serviced apartments and self-contained apartments all cater to the needs of solo travellers. Look for a hotel suite or studio apartment to get the best value.
- Couples: Couples will find plenty of romantic accommodation in Docklands to choose from. There are plenty of self-contained and serviced apartments and hotels on Docklands’ waterfront, with picturesque views over the harbour to the city skyline. Alternatively, look for a hotel room or studio apartment in one of Docklands’ many high-rise buildings for stunning city views.
Of course, one of the most important factors to consider when choosing accommodation in Docklands is its location. There are various accommodation options throughout the precinct, so you’re sure to find something perfect.
Here are some of the most popular areas to stay in Docklands:
- The Waterfront: The waterfront is one of the most popular areas to stay in Docklands. You’ll find various hotels and self-contained and serviced apartments located here, all with stunning views over the harbour to the city skyline. Areas offering a waterfront location include Victoria Harbour, Yarra’s Edge and NewQuay.
- Victoria Harbour: Victoria Harbour is the most popular area to stay in Docklands. You’ll find various accommodation offerings here, with stunning views over the harbour and the city skyline. Victoria Harbour is also home to a vibrant promenade, perfect for dining, shopping and entertainment.
- Yarra’s Edge: Yarra’s Edge is another popular area to stay in Docklands. This precinct is located on the Yarra River and offers stunning views over the River Homes Marina and Marina YA to the city skyline. It is also home to several restaurants, cafes and bars.
- NewQuay: NewQuay is one of the newest precincts in Docklands and is quickly becoming a popular place to stay. You’ll find various hotels, serviced apartments and self-contained apartments located here. NewQuay is also home to the NewQuay promenade, where you’ll find multiple retail and dining options and marinas.
- Marvel Stadium: Marvel Stadium is a popular area to stay for sports fans and concert-goers. You’ll find some accommodation here, all within easy walking distance of the stadium.
- Batman’s Hill: Batman’s Hill is another popular area to stay in Docklands. This area is home to various hotels, serviced apartments, and several major corporations, including Channel 9 and The Age (newspaper).
- Harbour Town: Harbour Town is the shopping precinct of Docklands and is home to The District Docklands, which features over 120 outlets and 70 speciality stores, and several accommodation options.
Prices for accommodation in Docklands vary depending on the type of accommodation, its location and the time of year. Generally speaking, you’ll find the cheapest rates during the off-peak season, which runs from April to November. The peak season is from December to March.
Docklands is a great place to stay for both solo travellers and couples. There are plenty of accommodation options, all located in convenient locations throughout the precinct. Docklands accommodation prices vary depending on the type of accommodation, location and the time of year, so be sure to shop around to find the best deal.
If you’re looking for accommodation in Docklands with a central waterfront location, spectacular harbour and city views, consider Melbourne Private Apartments. We offer a range of luxury 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom apartments, fully self-contained for your comfort.
View our Docklands Accommodation